Built on the edge of a bench overlooking a tributary drainage to Cereza Canyon, this pueblito consists of seven rooms. The name of this site is Navajo for "Black Ant House." The pueblito was built in one or possibly two construction episodes, with Rooms 1 and 2 possibly later in the season or year (Towner 2003).
Ceramic Assemblage: Ceramics identified in the field included Dinetah Gray and Gobernador Polychrome (Towner 2003).
Tree-ring Analysis: Fifteen samples were collected from the pueblito. All samples were pinyon and with the exception of one loose log within Room 6, all samples showed evidence of metal ax use. Date clustering of samples indicate that the pueblito was constructed in 1712 (Towner 2003).
Reported to be on BLM, but mapping within GIS indicates Private
6797 ft / 2071 m
Someone in fair hiking condition;
Distance less than 100 feet;
Elevation gain < 20 feet.
Towner, Ronald H. 2003
Defending the Dinetah: Pueblitos in the Ancestral Navajo Heartland. The University of Utah Press, Salt Lake City, Utah.