The arches are hundreds to thousands of years old. Some are very fragile and irreplaceable and your help is needed to preserve them for future generations to enjoy.
- Do not climb on the tops of arches.
- Pack out your trash.
- Maps and directions are for information only and are provided "as is" without warranty or any representation of accuracy, or timeliness of completeness.
- A 4-wheel drive, high clearance vehicle is highly recommended, with a full tank of gas.
- Pack a lunch and bring lots of water.
- Check the weather before heading out. Roads may become impassable when wet.
- Do not cross any washes that have water running in them. You may get stuck or swept away.
- The roads used to access the arch locations are oil & gas field roads. Be aware of large trucks and keep to the right of the road on hills and blind corners.
- Cell phone service is not available in some areas.
- Visit these arches at your own risk. The BLM, the City of Aztec Visitor Center and their employees are not responsible for injuries or damages to personal property.